Recommendation Engines / Recommender systems are information filtering systems that deal with the problem of information overload by filtering vital information fragment out of a large amount of dynamically generated information according to user’s preferences, interest, or observed behavior about the item. Recommendation Engines / Recommender system has the ability to predict whether a particular user would prefer an item or not based on the user’s profile
- Facebook : People You May Know
- Netflix : Other Movies You May Enjoy
- LinkedIn: Jobs You May Be Interested In
- Amazon : Customer who bought this item also bought
- YouTube : Recommended Videos
- Waze : Best Route
Building a recommendation engins
Things is made relatively easier than what it used to be.
Tutorials and stuff
- Quick Guide to Build a Recommendation Engine in Python
- Building a Recommendation Engine: An Algorithm Tutorial | Toptal
- YouTube – Divya Sardana | Building Recommender Systems Using Python
- YouTube – A simple python recommender
- GitHub – grahamjenson/list_of_recommender_systems: A List of Recommender Systems and Resources
- Surprise · A Python scikit for recommender systems.